Repairing old pieces is always a challenge, one I like.
The table was brought to me with splits and broken pieces. It wasn't until I started scraping off the finish that I realized it was pure cedar.
Once it was sanded down the cedar colors, and smell, were apparent. The customer wanted one split left on the top as character.
This dresser was in sad shape. The back had fallen out and none of the drawers fit.
The bottoms of all the drawers had fallen out from both shrinkage and missing wood. The drawers had gouged out most of the runners so they had to be replaced.
It looked nice once everything was squared up and refinished.
This western style washboard towel rack needed some fixing and aligning.
The same customer as above brought in a heavy gear lamp. It was encrusted with grease and chipped and broken. I sanded it down and repaired it. You can see the finished washboard towel rack in the final picture.
The lower portion of this window had rotted badly. You can see my repair piece of wood, fitting nicely inside the metal.
Another window from a museum with horrible rot from a leaking gutter.
I also sanded down the whole window and reglazed the glass, then painted it.
This customer was rebuilding some heavy sliding doors and needed new bottom runners.
A quick repair for a butcher block cutting board that had one split end. It was thick so I was able to stagger seven bisquits for strength.
A couple had taken on a project of rebuilding an old house and wanted to add a newel post to the bottom of the stairs. They found one at salvage.
I built a taller base for it and turned and sanded it for them.